Other FAQs in Compatibility
As of 14 November 2018, we are completely compatible with macOS 10.14/Mojave.
- You should still restart your computer after installing our plugins as well as many others (this is an Apple, not Valhalla, issue), particularly if you are using Logic Pro X and Ableton Live.
Not anymore. The older versions of the plugins were built and tested for PPC and Intel Mac. The latest revisions use a more up-to-date version of Juce (for AAX compatibility), and these Juce changes are no longer compatible with PPC. We no longer sell PPC versions of the plugins, as we are unable to offer support for these 11+ year old machines.Permalink
YES! When you purchase a Valhalla DSP plugin, you can download and install the AAX, VST, AU and RTAS versions, for both OSX and Windows. One purchase covers all of the DAWs that you own and personally use.Permalink
YES!!!!!!!!! All of the Valhalla plugins have 64-bit AAX versions, for OSX and Windows. The Valhalla plugins are ready to run in Pro Tools 11/12/2018! (and Pro Tools 9 and 10, if you are using RTAS)Permalink
- VST (32/64-bit, for OSX and Windows)
- Audio Units (32/64-bit, OSX only)
- RTAS (32-bit, for OSX and Windows)
- AAX (64-bit, for OSX and Windows)
Here’s the current OS compatibility. Please try out the demos first to make sure everything works on your system:
- Windows: XP (32-bit XP only), Vista, 7, 8, 10.
- OS X: 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14
- Linux: Not supported
- iOS: Not supported
The Valhalla plugins run as AAX-Native, not as AAX-DSP. The plugins can be used in HDX systems, but will be running on the computer, as opposed to the HDX hardware. We don’t have any plans to port to AAX-DSP in the future.Permalink