- Grab the .vkeyfile keyfile and download links from your account (i.e. click the My Account label in the upper right of this window).
- Save the .vkeyfile keyfile to your desktop. DON’T OPEN THIS. You’ll be using this in a future step.
- Click on the installer link (that works for your OS) in the email, and download the installer to your computer.
- Double click the .zip of the installer (to unzip it).
- Run the installer program.
- WINDOWS ONLY: When running the installer, choose the formats (32/64-bits, VST/RTAS/AAX) that work with your OS and DAWs. Pro Tools will require RTAS (up through PT10) or AAX (PT11/12); all other DAWs use VST.
- Open your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, i.e. the program that you record with and that hosts the plugins. Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Logic, etc.)
- Go to the list of available plugins in your DAW, select your new Valhalla DSP plugin, and put it on a channel in your DAW.
- An alert window will pop up, asking you to browse to the .vkeyfile keyfile. Do this and click “OK.”
After this, your plugin should be registered!Permalink I still need help …
The .vkeyfile is opened up by the plugin itself. When you download the .vkeyfile from your user account, just save it to your desktop or someplace you’ll remember. Don’t try to open it with Safari, or Firefox or whatever. After you have downloaded the .vkeyfile, follow the installation steps from the FAQ.Permalink I still need help …
This could indicate that some of your licenses were purchased with a different email address, or that your licenses were purchased second hand (and were not part of the import into the user account system). Whatever the reason, just send me a note via the “I Need More Help…” link, and I will get back to you within 1-2 business days.Permalink I still need help …