- Grab the .vkeyfile keyfile and download links from your account (i.e. click the My Account label in the upper right of this window).
- Save the .vkeyfile keyfile to your desktop. DON’T OPEN THIS. You’ll be using this in a future step.
- Click on the installer link (that works for your OS) in the email, and download the installer to your computer.
- Double click the .zip of the installer (to unzip it).
- Run the installer program.
- WINDOWS ONLY: When running the installer, choose the formats (32/64-bits, VST/RTAS/AAX) that work with your OS and DAWs. Pro Tools will require RTAS (up through PT10) or AAX (PT11/12); all other DAWs use VST.
- Open your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, i.e. the program that you record with and that hosts the plugins. Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Logic, etc.)
- Go to the list of available plugins in your DAW, select your new Valhalla DSP plugin, and put it on a channel in your DAW.
- An alert window will pop up, asking you to browse to the .vkeyfile keyfile. Do this and click “OK.”
After this, your plugin should be registered!Permalink I still need help …
Other FAQs in Top Answers
If you upgrade to Big Sur, you need to download and install the latest Mac plugin versions from your user account (i.e. the first ones in the list, not the ones marked “Legacy”). This is a required update for using the Valhalla plugins in Big Sur, due to changes Apple made to some of their APIs.Permalink
- When you purchase a Valhalla plugin, the email you receive after the purchase includes a link to download the installer. Should you ever need to download it again, the installer files are in your User Account on the Valhalla site:
- Also in your User Account is the License keyfile (see the above image); this is used to authorize the plugin within your DAW. You need to SAVE this file to your computer; when you click the keyfile link to download it, your browser will save the .zip file that contains the keyfile. Once this is downloaded to your computer, double-click the .zip file to extract the keyfile. DO NOT try to open the extracted keyfile with any application, DO NOT double-click it expecting it to find an appropriate application with which to open it.
- Unzip the installer and run the Installer file for your plugin.
- On macOS, the plugins will automatically install into the system VST, Audio Units and AAX folders
- On Windows, you can choose whether to install 32-bit or 64-bit .dll files (or both) – pay attention to the VST installation directory as it may be different than the one your DAW is set to reference in its preferences.
- Now that you have installed your plugin, open your DAW and insert an instance of the plugin on a track; once you do this, you will see a message about finding your license to authorize the plugin:
- Navigate to the keyfile you have downloaded, select it and open it from the dialog box:
- Your plugin will now be authorized!
The .vkeyfile is opened up by the plugin itself. When you download the .vkeyfile from your user account, just save it to your desktop or someplace you’ll remember. Don’t try to open it with Safari, or Firefox or whatever. After you have downloaded the .vkeyfile, follow the installation steps from the FAQ.Permalink
No. ValhallaSupermassive, ValhallaFreqEcho, and ValhallaSpaceModulator are free, and doesn’t need to be authorized. Just download the installers, run the installers on your system, and you are good to go!Permalink
This could indicate that some of your licenses were purchased with a different email address, or that your licenses were purchased second hand (and were not part of the import into the user account system). Whatever the reason, just send me a note via the “I Need More Help…” link, and I will get back to you within 1-2 business days.Permalink