ValhallaRoom has been updated to version 1.0.7. Changes since 1.0.6:
- Fixed a GUI bug in older versions of Pro Tools (7.3/7.4).
- Improved interpolation quality for PPC versions of ValhallaRoom
- Improved “short names” in Pro Tools insert/send windows. The shortened name now shows up as “VRoom” instead of “Valh.”
- Two new reverb modes: Dark Chamber and Dark Space.
A bit about the new reverb modes:
- As the names suggest, they are dark. All frequencies above 1/4 the sampling rate are completely attenuated.
- The modulated delays are cleaner than the deliberately dirty delay modulation used in Dark Room.
- The modulation in both modes is more balanced than the modulation used in Dark Room, resulting in less random pitch shifts and more of a “detuned” decay.
- Dark Chamber has a fairly even initial echo density. In this way, it is similar to the Large Chamber reverb mode, but with deeper modulation and a much bigger size.
- Dark Space has a lower initial echo density, and can have a bit of a delay of the onset of reverberation with high settings of Late Size. This also results in a wide stereo image.
The links to the new ValhallaRoom version have been sent out to all VRoom customers, and new demo links have been posted to the ValhallaRoom page.