Things have been pretty quiet for the past few months here at The Halls of Valhalla. I’ve been hard at work on my new plugin: ValhallaRoom.
I’ll be talking about this new plugin in length over the next few weeks. A quick summary of what it does:
- ValhallaRoom features several original reverberation algorithms, designed to produce tight and subtle room sounds, as well as larger hall sounds and huge ambiances
- Unique Early reverb section allows user to dial in subtle and short bursts of early reverberation energy, as well as gated reverbs up to 1 second in length.
- The Late section produces natural reverb decays ranging from 0.1 seconds to 100 seconds. The decay can be controlled in 3 adjustable frequency bands.
- Both Early and Late reverb sections have adjustable modulation, to produce sounds ranging from lush chorusing, to subtle and natural long decays.
- ValhallaRoom is true stereo. The Early and Late reverb sections are both stereo-in, stereo-out.
The goal of ValhallaRoom is to be a useful “workhorse” reverb, for subtle drum rooms that can be felt more than heard, lush halls, dense plates, and big ambient decays. The algorithm designs have been influenced by some of the “classic” room simulation boxes, as well as state of the art modern theory.
ValhallaRoom will be released in the next few weeks. Price will be $50 US. I’ll post progress reports to the blog.