We are happy to announce the 1.1.1 update for ValhallaSupermassive!
The changes since the initial 1.0.0 release:
- Two new reverb/delay modes: Great Magellanic Cloud and Triangulum
- VST3 (in addition to VST2.4, AAX, Audio Units)
- Signed and notarized installer for macOS (ready for Big Sur)
- Signed installer for Windows
- New presets
- 64-bit only
The Great Magellanic Cloud and Triangulum modes have some features not seen in the other Supermassive modes:
- The Triangulum and Great Magellanic Cloud modes both have their echo density completely controlled by the DENSITY knob.
- The DENSITY knob for these modes acts more like the Diffusion control in other plugins (such as ValhallaShimmer, ValhallaDelay, & VintageVerb).
- With DENSITY set to 0%, these modes will sound like sparse, long delays.
- Great Magellanic Cloud will have a delay at 4X the displayed delay value with DENSITY at 0% and WARP at 0%
- Triangulum will have a delay at 8X the displayed delay value with DENSITY at 0% and WARP at 0%
- Turn up DENSITY (with WARP set close to 0%) and you will get shorter echoes inside the longer delay, with the length of the shorter echoes corresponding to the displayed delay values.
- Turn up DENSITY (with WARP set to 50% or greater) and you will get long and lush reverb sounds.
The upshot of all this: Triangulum and Great Magellanic Cloud extend the functionality of ValhallaSupermassive into longer looping delays, as well as sparse reverbs, loops that build into shorter repeating delays, and huge expansive reverbs that are perfect for electronic music.
The 1.1.1 release is 64-bits only. We’ve kept our 32-bit builds going as long as possible, and 2020 marks the end of the line (due to changes in Juce, macOS, and various DAWs that balk at having 32-bit versions present). We’ll leave the last 32-bit installers up for people, but everything from Valhalla going forward will be 64-bits only.
We hope you enjoy the ValhallaSupermassive update!